- Foundation year: 2010
- Homepage: https://www.igisam.com/en/
- Address: 14F Sewoo Building 115, Yeouigongwon-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, Korea
IGIS Asset Management, founded in 2010, is the largest South Korean real estate asset manager with a total real estate fund AUM of $11.9 billion at the end of 2019. It is also the world’s third largest real estate investment manager in terms of Asian AUM. IGIS, which makes more than a quarter of its total investment abroad, opened IGIS USA in New York and a London office in 2019 for its global expansion. It also established a new office in Singapore in 2020.
Kab-Joo Cho was appointed the first co-CEO in 2014, won a second term in 2017 and was reappointed for another two-year term in 2019. He previously served as managing director of Koramco REIT, Hyundai Engineering and Construction, and Samsung Life Insurance. Industry sources say that Cho, a real estate investment expert, has developed IGIS AM into the largest real estate manager in South Korea.
The company has recently been trying to diversify its business by entering the private equity fund and M&A industry, a move aimed at boosting its value before it goes public. In 2018 IGIS AM became the first South Korean asset management company to officially announce listing plans. It hopes to pursue an IPO in the second half of 2020.
- IGIS Asset Management taps Singapore market (The Korea Herald, June 15, 2020)
- IGIS Asset Management to list REIT on Kospi (The Korea Herald, June 5, 2020)
- KKR, IGIS and SK D&D Acquire Namsan Square in Seoul (Business Wire, February 27, 2020)